Business management 2/e
- Marx S, Van Rooyen DC, Bosch JK, Reynders HJJ
- ISBN: 9780627023194
- eISBN: N/A
- ePub ISBN: N/A
- 797 Pages | Published: 1998
This new, completely revised edition incorporates the many changes and reforms in South Africa with a direct impact on business management. The book centres on three major themes: What is a business enterprise? How is a business enterprise established? How is it managed?
This new edition meets the needs of tertiary academic institutions for an introductory work on the structure and principles of business management. At the same time it serves as a reference for training in other disciplines. The book also offers background and practical guidelines for practising business people, business leaders and entrepreneurs on how to manage their enterprises successfully.
PART 1 INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
1. The field of study of business management: introductory views
2. The enterprise and its environments
3. The enterprise and its field of business
4. The vision, mission and goals of enterprises
PART II THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE ENTERPRISE
5. The choice of a form of enterprise and establishment procedures
6. Costs as basis for the planning and establishment of enterprises
7. The selection and development of a product mix
8. The choice of a location
9. Production decisions in establishing an enterprise
10. The emergence of large-scale operating units and the combination of enterprises
PART III THE MANAGEMENT OF THE ENTERPRISE
11. General and strategic management
12. Purchasing management
13. Production and operations management
14. Human resources management
15. Marketing management
16. Public relations management
17. Introduction to financial management
18. Financial management decisions
19. Information management
PART IV APPLIED BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
21. The small business enterprise: occurrence, establishment and management
22. The business audit
All source material (excluding figures and tables) has been supplied in an editable format (Microsoft Office) and you can fully customise it to your needs.
Please click on the link below to access the Lecturer Support Material (LSM) portal:
If this is the first time you access Van Schaik Publishers LSM, you will need to register and set up a profile. Once your registration has been approved you will be sent an email and will then be able to request access to the resources you need for a particular book. You will also be able to request access to the resources of additional books using your profile.
We welcome any suggestions regarding new or additional resources. For any queries or feedback please contact our digital publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org. The material available varies from book to book and may also be developed further over time.
If you are uncertain about the registration and access request procedures, please download the LSM Manual.
Lecturer Support Material is available free to lecturers who lecture on courses where the book is prescribed but samples are also available should you wish to review what is available as part of your prescribed book selection process. Please contact your Marketer for access to the sample LSM.
Student requests for LSM will not be entertained and any attempts by students to access lecturer support material will be reported to a student’s lecturer or to the Head of Department.