Customer service management - a holistic approach
- Engelbrecht E
- ISBN: 9781869286064
- eISBN: N/A
- ePub ISBN: N/A
- 152 Pages | Published: 2007
Customer Service Management provides:
- A holistic approach to customer service and customer service management
- A framework for understanding the core issues in customer service delivery
- Insight for small business owners into how to gain a competitive edge
- A wide variety of activities, providing the optimal usage of notional hours within the SAQA framework
- Motivation for giving great customer service
- A carefully designed roadmap for learning, including the application of an industryrelated project
- A chance to have some fun while learning through the use of activities
Topics covered include:
- Moments of truth
- Dealing with "difficult" customers
- Basic communication
- Working with frontline personnel
- Customer service action plans
- Internal and external customer service
- Identifying customer needs
- The role of customer service
About the author
Eugene Engelbrecht has trained at schools, tertiary institutions and at corporate level for
11 years, and has vast corporate work experience, including all aspects of customer service.
He has first-hand knowledge of best and worst customer service practices in South Africa,
the United States, China and several other countries. He holds, among others, a BA (Hons)
in Zulu from the University of the Witwatersrand, a Diploma in Journalism and a Diploma
in Business Administration and Management.
CHAPTER 1 Who cares about customer service?
CHAPTER 2 Close encounters of the customer kind
CHAPTER 3 Say what?
CHAPTER 4 Customer care, and I mean care
CHAPTER 5 Absolutely FABulous
CHAPTER 6 The weakest link
APPENDIX A Example of a Customer Service Plan
APPENDIX B Example of a Communication Strategy
All source material (excluding figures and tables) has been supplied in an editable format (Microsoft Office) and you can fully customise it to your needs.
Please click on the link below to access the Lecturer Support Material (LSM) portal:
If this is the first time you access Van Schaik Publishers LSM, you will need to register and set up a profile. Once your registration has been approved you will be sent an email and will then be able to request access to the resources you need for a particular book. You will also be able to request access to the resources of additional books using your profile.
We welcome any suggestions regarding new or additional resources. For any queries or feedback please contact our digital publisher at email@example.com. The material available varies from book to book and may also be developed further over time.
If you are uncertain about the registration and access request procedures, please download the LSM Manual.
Lecturer Support Material is available free to lecturers who lecture on courses where the book is prescribed but samples are also available should you wish to review what is available as part of your prescribed book selection process. Please contact your Marketer for access to the sample LSM.
Student requests for LSM will not be entertained and any attempts by students to access lecturer support material will be reported to a student’s lecturer or to the Head of Department.