This is the essential guide for office managers, secretaries and students intending to follow a business career.
The subject matter covers all the important aspects of efficient management and dealing with customers and clients effectively.
- Interviews, the mass media, advertising, advertisements, meeting procedures, business letters and reports are discussed in detail.
- Practical hints are provided for good language usage and editing.
- The subject matter focuses on problems and deficiencies in South African businesses.
- Case studies and practical applications offer students the opportunity to test their newly acquired knowledge.
- The comprehensive bibliography offers a wide range of extra reading on these topics.
1. Basic principles of communication
Who's communicating with whom and how?
2. Interpersonal relationships and social interaction Getting on with people at work
3. Organisational communication Better communication from top to bottom and vice versa
4. Interviews Getting your message across
5. The mass media The information explosion
6. Advertising, advertisement and notices The power of persuasion
7. Meeting procedures and correspondence Getting it right
8. Language usage Saying what you mean
9. Concise business communication media Keeping it short and to the point
10. Business letters Putting pen to paper
11. Reports Putting the facts on record
12. Editing written material Polishing it to perfection
13. Oral communication Having your say with confidence
14. Case studies Test our knowledge
All source material (excluding figures and tables) has been supplied in an editable format (Microsoft Office) and you can fully customise it to your needs.
Please click on the link below to access the Lecturer Support Material (LSM) portal:
If this is the first time you access Van Schaik Publishers LSM, you will need to register and set up a profile. Once your registration has been approved you will be sent an email and will then be able to request access to the resources you need for a particular book. You will also be able to request access to the resources of additional books using your profile.
We welcome any suggestions regarding new or additional resources. For any queries or feedback please contact our digital publisher at email@example.com. The material available varies from book to book and may also be developed further over time.
If you are uncertain about the registration and access request procedures, please download the LSM Manual.
Lecturer Support Material is available free to lecturers who lecture on courses where the book is prescribed but samples are also available should you wish to review what is available as part of your prescribed book selection process. Please contact your Marketer for access to the sample LSM.
Student requests for LSM will not be entertained and any attempts by students to access lecturer support material will be reported to a student’s lecturer or to the Head of Department.