Sports coaching in South Africa: A status quo
- Kubayi A
- ISBN: 9780627039997
- eISBN: N/A
- ePub ISBN: 9780627040009
- 236 Pages | Published: 2024
Sports coaching in South Africa: A status quo is written by South Africans for South Africans. It is a textbook aimed at bridging the gap between theory and practice by introducing the principles of sports coaching using real-world examples and data from the South African context.
Divided into four main parts, with altogether 12 chapters, it explores topics such as:
• The history and development of sports coaching
• The roles and legal responsibilities of sports coaches, as well as their competitive intelligence
• Safety issues and interventions in sports coaching
• Coaching differently-abled athletes
• Coaching for performance, zooming in on support systems, injury prevention and management
• Monitoring fitness and fatigue
• The psychology of sports coaching
• Using performance analysis for Generation Z players participating in invasion team sports
This book is a must-read for practising coaches as well as researchers and students in the fields of sports coaching, human movement science and sports and exercise science.
PART A: INTRODUCTION
1. The history and development of sports coaching
PART B: FUNDAMENTALS OF SPORTS COACHING
2. Examining sports coaching within the South African context
3. The legal responsibilities of sports coaches
4. Roles of a sports coach
5. Safety issues and interventions in sports coaching
6. Competitive intelligence of South African sports coaches
PART C: COACHING DIFFERENTLY-ABLED ATHLETES
7. Coaching special populations
PART D: COACHING FOR PERFORMANCE
8. Support systems for sport teams
9. A multidisciplinary and collaborative approach to performance and injury prevention and management
10. Monitoring fitness and fatigue for coaches
11. The psychology of sports coaching
12. Creating a learning environment through the use of performance analysis for Generation Z players participating in invasion team sports
Supplementary material available for this title includes:
PowerPoint template slides
Suggested answers to end-of-chapter question
All source material (excluding figures and tables) has been supplied in an editable format (Microsoft Office) and you can fully customise it to your needs.
Please click on the link below to access the Lecturer Support Material (LSM) portal:
If this is the first time you access Van Schaik Publishers LSM, you will need to register and set up a profile. Once your registration has been approved you will be sent an email and will then be able to request access to the resources you need for a particular book. You will also be able to request access to the resources of additional books using your profile.
We welcome any suggestions regarding new or additional resources. For any queries or feedback please contact our digital publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org. The material available varies from book to book and may also be developed further over time.
If you are uncertain about the registration and access request procedures, please download the LSM Manual.
Lecturer Support Material is available free to lecturers who lecture on courses where the book is prescribed but samples are also available should you wish to review what is available as part of your prescribed book selection process. Please contact your Marketer for access to the sample LSM.
Student requests for LSM will not be entertained and any attempts by students to access lecturer support material will be reported to a student’s lecturer or to the Head of Department.